Thursday, December 6, 2012

How I WoW


I have written this blog post several time before, but I think it is one that is always relevant to my blog because how I play the game is always changing.  Sometimes I'm leveling my main, or an alt, sometimes I'm more focused on randoms dungeons and grinding for badges, sometimes I'm REALLY focused on making gold from farming minerals, herbs and playing the auction house, maybe even fishing.  I'm like a child in that aspect, I'm always looking for something different to do in game.  

This has been a problem for me in the past.  It took me almost 14 months to run my previous main, Chuckem (the Lord of Assets) from 1-80 and I didn't even finish before Cata dropped.  Then it took me another 4-5 weeks to get from 80-85.  Now when MoP dropped I finally had a chance to play with a max-level toon on launch day and I blew it.  I haven't really been playing with Chuckem lately and I was working on a different toon, on a different server, in a different guild and trying to get him to 85.  Again, I was about a month late to the expansion when I got Gluug to 85, about 2 weeks ago.  Since I wasn't playing a max level character I would not let myself buy the expansion until Gluug was level 85.  

I just wanted to discuss the journey I took to get there.  I always get board eventually and want to try something new.  But at the same time I always want to see everything in the game.  That is the main reason it took me so long to get Chuckem to 85, I would get distracted with an alt, or leveling cooking, or working on PvP for a week.  I just don't have the attention span to straight level a character from 1-90.  Lately with a new job and my daughter just turning six, I have had very little time for dungeons.  So I have been focusing more on quests and professions.  It is definitely a new way for me to play.  


I have also been trying to focus my play on just one character but when I get tired of questing I do something else like leveling my cooking and fishing.  I will eventually talke about each of these in more depth in future posts.  Just know that I play the game like an ADHD cat surrounded by tuna, lazer-pointers and catnip.  I'm always running a quest, stop to mine a node then I see a pool of fish and I'll work on that.  It takes me forever to get from point A to point B, but it has been a lot of fun.  Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I just started Skyrim a couple weeks ago and I play it exactly the same way. I've dabbled in the main quest line, the Thieve's Guild, the Bard's college, and tons of side quests. Plus I'm constantly messing around with Enchanting, Alchemy, Smithing, and all the other parts of the game. I find that it's hard to concentrate on any one aspect without getting distracted by all the other options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to try Skyrim, because I know that I don't have time for that right now, but I hear it is amazing. I played some Morrowind, and a LOT of Oblivion so I'm sure that Skyrim is right up my alley. I also hear that Bethesda is working on a MMO, that will probably melt my brain.

    ReplyDelete