Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Happy New Year!!

Is January 8th to late to write a New Year's Resolution?  I don't think so, but it is in my characteristic 'Chuck' style to do something a little late.  My wife always says that people shouldn't wait until a new year to improve themselves.  While I see the logic in that, I sometimes need a little push to get change going.  It seems to me that a new year is a great time to start over as I can put all the mistakes of 2013 behind me and begin to focus on 2014.  I guess this view may also come from the fact that I'm a teacher.  I'm constantly starting over; each year, each semester, every quarter and 7 times a day as each new class begins.

So here are a few of my goals for 2014.

1) To write more, and post more things, on my blog here at Lord of Assets.

2) To draw more.

3) To eat more healthy foods.

4) To exercise more.

Now my many years in bureaucracy have taught me that goals are meaningless until they are specific and measurable.  To help with goal 1, I'm going to dedicate a post to each goal and spend more time being specific about how I plan to meet each goal and how I plan to measure my progress.  For that, you are going to have to wait for my next post.  Until then, have a great day.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment