Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What to Do

I need to post today, to keep me to 3 posts a week. The problem is that I don't have much to write about. I was busy all last week and I only got into EVE to check my skill que and move some minerals around to build 2 Vexors. I have been training my production efficiency skill to reduce the amount of minerals required to manufacturer a ship. At the moment I have trained the skill up to level 3, which has resulted in a 11% reduction in the 7 minerals required to build the Gallente Cruiser.

I'm having trouble figuring out what I want to do with my character in EVE. Now that I have finished the beginning tutorials I'm having a little bit of trouble finding things to do. Originally I was trying to be a miner, but I found that profession monotonous after a few hours of running loads back to the base. So I have decided to pursue ship manufacturing as a profession. The problem was that I could not produce the ships for less that they were selling for on the market. So I looked into making my production more efficient and lo-and-behold there is a skill called 'production efficiency'. I'm still working on leveling it to 5 and hopefully then I can start turning a profit on these Vexors.

I was thinking that I should expand my production to the full line of Gallente Cruisers. I have an Exequror, Celestis and several Vexors. I still need to get a Gallente Thorax but I can't fly them yet. I think the next step is to get into some Battle Cruisers but it may be awhile since I'm focusing on my production skills, rather than my piloting skills.

The problem is that to produce the ships I need minerals, and to get the minerals I need to mine. But if I spend all my time mining I won't have any time for exploring, salvaging or ratting. So basically I have not picked a profession yet. I like salvaging, and it goes hand-in-hand with ratting but I have not found an efficient way to find pirates to rat. This has resulted in my flying from asteroid belt to asteroid belt looking for pirates to destroy and then salvaging their dead husks. I have also been trying my luck in low-sec but as you read before I keep getting podded in the 0.3 Old Man Star. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment