Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Anti Iron-man

That's right, I'm Anti Iron-man and proud of it. Now I'm not talking about the superhero (because who doesn't love Tony Stark) but the WoW Iron-man challenge. It just seems like a giant waste of time, when players could be getting their characters raid ready or leveling alts for the coming expansion. Here is a link to the official rules of the challenge.

It seems like everyone in the WoW community is looking for a way to make the game harder, or more dynamic to level. I agree that after you have done the same zone 4-5 times is gets pretty old but doing it to just make it more of a grind is just silly. Now I may not be the typical WoW blogger because I only have one, level 85 character but I don't really have the time (or ongoing interest) to have a stable full. It took me over a year to get Chuckem to 85, actually close to two years. I will admit that I get distracted to I took breaks for weeks at a time, and that I rolled several alts along the way, but I just can't imagine doing this without the help of enchants, buffs, Purples, Blues or Greens.

I'm sorry but that is just crazy. Playing with just white/grey equipment, or even just greens, is stupid. The best part of a long form game like WoW is the gear. If you are stuck just wearing any crap that drops, how are you supposed to progress?

And without a guild, how does that work? Maybe I just don't see the appeal because it won't work for me, but if there are people out there who want to try ... who am I to stop them. The point of a MMO is to socialize with your friends, your guildies. I just don't see the appeal of trying to solo it again.

If anyone out there is trying this, please let me know what is driving you to walk this path?

2 comments:

  1. *innocent look*

    What's that about "waste of time challenges?"

    ...2.....0....1....2...

    I calls `em like I sees `em. Don't mean I ain't a glutton for punishment.

    (though, I'll only tackle Iron Man if I finish the 2012 first)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, you have me there.

    But you had better believe that I'm going to use greens, blues, heirlooms and whatever I can to help my toons progress. Usually the first thing I do is buy them 4 big bag for all their vendor trash and maybe send them some potions as well. There is no way I could do it without the advantages the game has built in for me.

    It's just that the Iron-man challenge is getting so much press and I don't understand why.

    ReplyDelete